- The difference between success and failure is doing things others put off.
- Protect time with priorities. Some things feel urgent but they don’t matter. Urgencies control weak leaders. Courageous leaders bird-dog priorities.
- Mission and vision are the purpose behind productivity. What are you really getting done?
- Daily persistence is the secret to long-term success.
- Set deadlines. Today’s most important deadline is the one that achieves tomorrow’s goal.
Distracting drama diminishes where priorities prevail.
- People are leadership’s priority. They produce results.
- You are the most important person. Understand and develop yourself so you can serve others. This is effectiveness not self-indulgence.
- Understand others before asking them to understand you. Value them by understanding their values. Passion expresses values. Tapping into their values generates passion.
- Diversity creates richness. Hire people who aren’t like you.
You can’t lead people until
you know what’s important to them.
- Reject blaming. Optimism isn’t blindness, it’s believing we can make things better.
- Worry about things you can do; fret less about what you can’t.
- Persistent problems drag down apart from countermeasures.
- Perfectionism paralyzes. Pursue better.
- You can’t slow down… so do more of what matters now. Choose what must be done today and do it.
- Sprints get more done that full-tilt all the time. Go all out for sixty to ninety minutes and take a break. Rest increases speed.
- Slow enables fast. Reflect on God, yourself, and your day before it begins.
- Persuasion is helping people convince themselves. People don’t stay convinced when you convince them. Meaningful goals, trustworthy leadership, and supportive environments are tools of persuasion.
- The secret to persuasion is making people feel understood.
- Align personal goals with organizational goals.
- Leadership confidence enhances persuasion.
Things to Remember:
- August 1st thu the 10th — I am hiking the A.T. with 3 of my kids for 10 days and hopefully covering 124 miles! We will see.
- August 30th Labor ay Sale
- August 31st Clemson sends the Dogs back to Athens crying!
- September 27th and 28th Inventory day